[ubuntu-uk] DVD filesystems problem

Tim Dobson personalwebsite at army.com
Mon Jun 9 17:36:17 BST 2008

Hi guys,
some one on a different list I am on recently had this problem with
Ubuntu Hardy:
-----
8> mkisofs will NOT make DVD Video ISO filesystems correctly in Hardy.
If you have a dig around, you'll find that mkisofs has been replaced by
genisoimage in Hardy, and the cdrkit libraries are at fault. A later
version of the cdrkit libraries is supposed to fix the problem, but I
haven't been able to verify this yet as the cdrkit sources failed to
compile on my Hardy box.

In the meantime, I've been creating the DVD Video directory structure in
Hardy, then writing the actual DVD on a Mac...  A bit long winded, but
at least it works.
----

I wondered if anyone else had experienced this, and any solutions had
been found which didn't require non-free software (someone suggested
nero linux)

Cheers

Tim

--