[ubuntu-uk] OT: Good Laptop Brands for Linux?

norman norman at littletank.org
Wed Jul 30 11:43:50 BST 2008

I know very little about what to expect from a laptop having always used
desktop models both bought and home made. However, I have recently
bought a Dell Inspiron 1525N with a slightly better set up, a bigger
hard drive and increased memory. It came with Ubuntu 7.10 installed
which I upgraded to 8.04. There was a slight problem with sound after
the upgrade but that was soon put right. Apart from that everything else
I needed to do, including the wireless connection, worked without any
problem.

I am impressed with the quality and ease of use.

Norman