[ubuntu-uk] Lost Signal

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net
Wed Jan 9 18:57:08 GMT 2008

On 09/01/08 12:01:18, John Taylor wrote:
> Thanks reply but that's not the answer I set the resolution as max of
> 1360*768 or sometimes a little less just to try something different but
> the screen stays the same i.e. equivalent of about 15 inches - if I tick
> the "*wide Screen box*" screen stays the same size but I have to scroll
> the text (picture etc) from left to right to read it.
>
> Is xfile playing silly buggers overriding the settings?

Hmm, X might not be using the highest resolution listed in your xorg.conf,
there is some interrogating the monitor to see what it supports stuff that
doesn't always work.

If you run "xrandr" in a terminal what resolution does it report is being
used, and does it list any other options?

Robert McWilliam     rmcw at allmail.net    www.ormiret.com

Conscious is when you are aware of something and conscience is when
you wish you weren't.