[ubuntu-uk] IDE Flash Card Readers - Recommendations

Ian Pascoe softy.lofty.ilp at btinternet.com
Sun Jan 6 14:11:08 GMT 2008

Hi Folks

Hands up, I'm confused!  I'm trying to find myself a Card REader that will
specifically take CF and SD cards that I can connect to my IDE that supports
hot, err thingy that allows you to take the cards in and out without
powering the PC down.  Don't think this feature is supported on Linux yet,
but my PC is dual boot and this reader is at the moment to be used with the
M$ installation, but I don't want to get hardware that's not going to be
Linux compatible.

Does anyone have any recommendations?  I primarily want IDE as I intend to
hard mount it into one of the drive bays of my home PC.

I've looked at Linux Emporium, Amazon, Dabs, LinEx and a few others that I
came across, and although I found a lot of readers, none give those
reassuring words of Linux / Unix compatible.

Any insights or recommendations appreciated.

Cheers