[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu on HP

Chris Rowson christopherrowson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 12:33:52 GMT 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 11:38 AM, Michael Holloway
<michael at thedarkwinter.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
>  Have any of you got any experience with HP servers and Ubuntu? I always
>  use IBM but due to (blah blah) it looks like I'm getting HP. I will be
>  installing 7.10 server on it.
>
>  Does anyone have any plus/minus sides to it? Any incompatibilities or
>  problems you have come up against?
>
>  Thanks

I installed Ubuntu 6.06 onto a HP Proliant blade server over a year
ago and I don't *recall* having any problems. That said, a quick
Google search shows some people having issues with configuring the HP
smart array. There seems to be plenty of info out there to help out.

Chris