[ubuntu-uk] Accounting software ?

Tom Bamford tom at tombamford.co.uk
Tue Feb 26 01:19:17 GMT 2008

On 25/02/2008, Joshua Scotton <josh at joshuascotton.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 19:23 +0000, Andrew Barber wrote:
> > Does sage maybe work with wine?
>
> Probably, but do you really want to trust your financial data to what
> would be an emulated (hence buggy, as most wine emulated programs do not
> work perfectly) and completely unsupported and non-guaranteed program?
>

> Josh

I've got Sage Line 50 to work on top of wine, but it's not ideal as it just
isn't as responsive as on Windows, and as you say many are reluctant to rely
on it. The installer doesn't work but you can scrape an installed copy from
a Windows machine. I really know very little about business accounting but
I'd love to see a Linux alternative to Sage; it's one of the few small
business apps stopping many companies making the big switch.

Tom