[ubuntu-uk] Notebook Problems

Jai Harrison jai at jaiharrison.com
Tue Feb 19 18:30:44 GMT 2008

Hey All,

I believe I've solved the problem and that it would be useful to share
my solution in case anyone else encounters the same problem (and to
also help Andrew Oakley track the errors down for Hardy).

I selected "Do Nothing" for "When laptop lid is closed" under Power
Management and since then I haven't encountered any problems. "Blank
Screen" seems to be the cause of the problem.

It's probably also worth noting that I have Display and Computer
inactivity inflicted sleep settings also set to "Never" but the
problem still occurred after that but before modifying the "When
laptop lid is closed" setting.

Jai