[ubuntu-uk] Real Player

Mac Ammonius.Grammaticus at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 2 23:47:00 GMT 2008

charles wrote:
> Need help with getting Real Player installed in my new Kubuntu.

I've just tried this HowTo for multimedia, and it worked perfectly:

If you're pragmatic about using restricted codecs - as you appear to be
if you're trying to use RealPlayer - I can recommend it.  I now have all
kinds of embedded streaming working in Firefox for the first time ever,
including QickTime, not to speak of proper playing of DVDs and stuff.

What I'm not sure about is how Gnome-specific it is.  (It does assume
Firefox rather than Konqueror.)

Mac