[ubuntu-uk] UK Ubuntu Vendors

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Sun Aug 31 18:23:57 BST 2008

Jai Harrison wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I'm trying to create a list of vendors who sell Ubuntu on machines
> (whether desktops, notebooks or netbooks) in the UK so as to make it
> easier for us to help people who want to buy Ubuntu pre-configured
> machines. So far I've covered Dell, Efficient PC, and the Linux
> Emporium. You can see the Work-In-Progress Wiki page here:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/Vendors
>
> Although all of the vendors sell a lot more machines I've only counted
> the ones which ship with Ubuntu (and listed the version). I'd greatly
> appreciate it if anyone else can help complete the list. Either add
> the data onto the Wiki page yourself or link me to the vendor's
> website and I'll check out the details and add it for you.
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
> Jai / "Venko"

Does this have to be big vendors or can it include smaller system
builders dotted around?

If so, I build PCs (and servers) with Ubuntu on them via my own business
although I don't have a general set specification.  If someone requests
it I'll install it, I will also recommend Linux solutions based on what
the customer wants (if they want a games machine I'd suggest Windows, if
they want a general every day PC to browse the internet, play media and
download videos I'd suggest Ubuntu over Windows, unless they really want
to pay an extra £60 for Vista Home).

Rob