[ubuntu-uk] Norm's complaint

David Futcher bobbocanfly at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 7 20:39:52 BST 2008

2008/8/7 Dark Otter <hello at darkotter.com>

> Slightly off topic, but what kind of coding knowledge would someone need
> to be a worthwhile participant in the bug team? I'm planning to try
> learning several languages in the future (I only know some basic C# and
> python at the moment), and so I'm wondering what to concentrate on to be
> able to contribute.

You need hardly any coding experience (some helps when trying to find out
what is happening with crashses etc) and you can definately get by with
absolutely no programming experience.

If you are interested in joining Bugsquad I would recommend reading
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugSquad/GettingInvolved and
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/HowToTriage. Also, this Saturday is the global
bug jam, so #ubuntu-bugs on freenode will be packed out with experienced
triagers. I would recommend trying out some bugs on Saturday, as if you get
stuck there is a packed IRC room to help you! Who know, if you enjoy it you
can keep going.

Good luck,

--
David Futcher (bobbo)