[ubuntu-uk] Norm's complaint

Neil Greenwood neil.greenwood.lug at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 15:39:48 BST 2008

2008/8/7 norman <norman at littletank.org>:
>> Have you considered joining the bug squad?
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugSquad You sound like you may have found your
>> itch. You shouldn't need much more than a little technical knowledge and
>> only need to donate what time you wish to donate, but maybe by joining
>> this group you may start to get your issues addressed?
>
> I have thought about but I am not sure that, with my lack of technical
> know how, especially Linux, I would really be able to make a useful
> contribution. Perhaps I will think again.

Triaging doesn't require that much technical know-how. The main tasks
required are confirming that all the necessary information is included
in the bug, and trying to reproduce it.

It seems to me it just takes some common sense and some time (which is
what I'm lacking).

Give it a try - even one bug triaged helps!

Hwyl,
Neil.