[ubuntu-uk] Norm's complaint

David Futcher bobbocanfly at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 6 14:03:12 BST 2008

2008/8/6 Mac <Ammonius.Grammaticus at googlemail.com>

> David Futcher wrote:
> > It would probably be a good idea to bring this to the attention of the
> core
> > developers, who are in charge of packages like this.
>
> David >>> Norman mentioned the bug report at
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/langpack-locales/+bug/249340
>
> which seems to have been triaged, and has 'High' importance, but hasn't
> been assigned.  Shouldn't the bug process do what you're suggesting?
> (Or may be I haven't understood how the bug process works?)
>
> Mac

I saw the bug , but noticed it has been set to "Incomplete" which normally
means developers wont touch it with a barge pole until it has been triaged
by Bugsquad, so I was encouraging the poster to go and talk to the
maintainer to see if he would have a look at it. What I didnt notice is that
the last commenter (and the person who set it to Incomplete) is Martin Pitt,
the packages maintainer, so we dont need to go and annoy him on IRC :)

Unfortunately it looks like its pretty difficult to reproduce, so it might
take a while to get fixed.

David