[ubuntu-uk] Upgrading to 8.04

Pete Stean peteste at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 28 16:51:41 BST 2008

I've started to observe behaviour over the last couple of weeks that
definitely indicates that BT are throttling torrents at peak times, at
least in my part of London - from early morning right through to early
evening on weekdays, popular torrents will saturate my connection but
will start slowing down at around 6pm and won't pick up speed again
until the early hours. I've observed this behaviour several times over
the last few weeks, all on popular torrents with thousands of seeds
and leechers   :\   not good
Pete