[ubuntu-uk] possible to install ubuntu like gentoo?

Farran fazzy.baboon at ntlworld.com
Thu Apr 17 14:28:48 BST 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-17 at 14:18 +0100, andylockran wrote:

Matt: there's the possibilty that there's a problem with the ram - one
chip was bad, so I can't even use it, but the other might be damaged a
bit too (don't know if that's posisble :/). During bootup, shutdown,
hibernate, suspend and resume from either of those, it dumps data - in
the syslog it says it did that for the best part of 8 minutes.
The graphics card thermometer says it's fine, peaking at 50 degrees,
which I guess is alright?
Don't think I've got a processor thermometer, or at least not one that
it recognises.

Andy: no, I can't see the point in that either, as I'd just end up with
the same thing wouldn't I? Just wondered if there was a process similar
that I could use, as I'm pretty sure the hardware is alright (apart from
the ram).

Cheers

Farran Lee
I'm only 15 :-P