[ubuntu-uk] SFD reminder & Thanks

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Thu Sep 13 12:03:08 BST 2007

I just got back from dropping off our Canonical freebies to Alan Cocks,
who as I'm sure you're aware is organising the Software Freedom Day
event for Hampshire and Berkshire LUGs.

Having seen what Alan has put together and the massive effort he's made,
I'm really sad I won't be able to be there to take part as it's shaping
up to be a great event. With what promises to be a busy shopping centre,
an attractive stand and plenty of collateral to pass out there should be
enough to keep people busy, and plenty to talk to the public about.

Many thanks to Canonical - specifically Kat and Gerry, for providing
CDs, pens, leaflets, t-shirts and a fantastic pop-up banner to attract
the masses.

I look forward to hearing about how it went! :)

Good luck.
Al.