[ubuntu-uk] Mobile phone ?

Stephen Garton sheepeatingtaz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 19:30:41 BST 2007

Hi Ted

Ted Wager wrote:
> I am looking to buy a Sony Ericsson w810 phone and notice the bundle
> comes with a media package cd
> that runs on  various releases of Windows...I do not have access to a
> Windows box so does anyone know
> if it will be possible to upload mp3 files to the phone using Linux
> ?

My Experience with SE phones (although the last one I had was a W900i),
is that when you plug them in with the supplied data cable, they auto
mount as mass storage devices, as well as charging the phone. I say
devices as I had a memory card in my phone which mounted as one, and the
phone's internal memory as another

>    Also...can anyone tell me if it is possible to collect my email from
> plusnet using this phone ?

Can't help with plusnet, but (again, with my W900i) I could subscribe to
IMAP email accounts easily.

HTH
--
Steve Garton