[ubuntu-uk] Cisco VPN Client

Josh Blacker jkblacker at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 12:11:15 GMT 2007

Hi all,

Preamble: so I'm sitting in uni trying to sort this instead of reading
Lucky Jim by Kingsley Amis for a seminar at 2. Not helpful! I've
emailed the support desk about it, but was wondering if anyone else
has any insights.

College provide 3 different versions of the vpn client for linux: two
4.6.xxxx and 4.8.xxxx. I've tried the two highest versions, but when
running the install script for each it gets past a copyright warning
and then hits a problem: vpnclient: 47: "(" unexpected or something
like that (am in Windows now, obviously and unfortunately, so can't
remember exactly!).

I've previously found a patch for this via popey's site, but that
applies to version 4.7, which, as you might have noticed, college
doesn't provide! So, anyone got any clues? (Don't worry if not, I just
like to let off steam about my problems really!)

Cheers,
--
Josh Blacker