[ubuntu-uk] mono display in cshell konsole window etc..

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net
Fri Oct 26 16:01:05 BST 2007

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 11:04:51 +0100
Julie Hodgkinson <julie.hodgkinson at path.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> > when I change shell from bash to csh konsole
> > window text is just white on black, ie no colour text.

ls doesn't use colour by default (so that you don't get weird looking
colour codes on terminals that don't understand them). There is some
logic in the bash start up files to decide if your terminal understands
colour and alias 'ls' to 'ls --color=always' if it does. This might not
be happening with csh. Do you get colour output if you run 'ls
--color=always'?

I'm not sure what would be wrong with the history navigation using the
up/down keys. The man page for csh says these should be set up
automatically. The output from 'bindkey' might shed some light: is up
bound to up-history?