[ubuntu-uk] Downgrading Ubuntu

Dave Walker DaveWalker at ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 26 01:17:19 BST 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-25 at 23:05 +0100, Tony Travis wrote:
> Ian Pascoe wrote:
> > All
> >
> > Having upgraded to Gutsy through Update Manager and established that a
> > number of the ATSPI packages are somewhat flakey, I'd like to revert back to
> > 7.04 until things stableise.
> >
> > Is this an easy thing to do without doing a total re-install?
>
> Hello, Ian.
>
> I used this script to automatically downgrade packages after I decided
> not to use the Dapper 'backports' repository. You'll need to install
> "apt-show-versions", and change the script for "feisty".
>
> Best wishes,

<SNIP>

Hi Ian,

Downgrading Ubuntu is widely agreed that it's not a good idea.  However,
if Gutsy's really not working out backup at least "/etc" "/home"; then
if it isn't successful at least you can perform a fresh install of
Feisty (my recommended first choice).

There was a "question" on launchpad raised recently on this subject:
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/15631

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker