[ubuntu-uk] Downgrading Ubuntu

Tony Travis ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Fri Oct 26 18:38:07 BST 2007

Dave Walker wrote:
> [...]
> Downgrading Ubuntu is widely agreed that it's not a good idea.  However,
> if Gutsy's really not working out backup at least "/etc" "/home"; then
> if it isn't successful at least you can perform a fresh install of
> Feisty (my recommended first choice).

Hello, Dave.

Upsetting users by taking the systems down and re-installing them from
scratch isn't a good idea either. I guess it depends on the situation
you're in...

I forgot to mention to Ian about editing /etc/sources.list (of course).

Best wishes,

	Tony.
Dr. A.J.Travis,                     |  mailto:ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Rowett Research Institute,          |    http://www.rri.sari.ac.uk/~ajt
Greenburn Road, Bucksburn,          |   phone:+44 (0)1224 712751
Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK.    |     fax:+44 (0)1224 716687