[ubuntu-uk] Best ISP?

Mark Harrison Mark at yourpropertyexpert.com
Wed Oct 24 12:43:00 BST 2007

David Restall - System Administrator wrote:
> I use Eclipse <http://www.eclipse.net.uk/> for home and business.  Just
> about to migrate to their ADSL + phone service so we'll see :-)  Service
> has been very reliable though the customer support stinks - it was OK
> until they were bought out by Kingston :-(  The technical support has
> been good - though I haven't needed that for over two years.  I have a
> fixed IP address on my home service and 6 useable (really 5 because 1 is
> used by the SpeedTouch modem) fixed IP addresses with the business pack.
> Costs £32 /month but will be going down in price when I upgrade to their
> combined package.  I think the home connection is £20/month.  All the
> fixed addresses resolve in reverse DNS.  Overall I'm very happy with the
> service.

Second all the comments about Eclipse, with whom I've also been for
several years.

If you NEED multiple IP addresses [1] then they seem to be the best game
in town.

[1] I really mean NEED, not "would like." Under RIPE rules, you have to
be able to write a paper demonstrating why you can't use a single IP
address and NATting to get a block these days.

M.