[ubuntu-uk] Best ISP?

David Restall - System Administrator dave at restall.net
Wed Oct 24 08:26:04 BST 2007

Hi,

> I figured this would be an interesting topic for people to discuss.
> We're all from the UK so it should work nicely. What is the best
> Internet Service Provider in your opinion and why? Please state
> whether it is ADSL or cable.

I use Eclipse <http://www.eclipse.net.uk/> for home and business.  Just
about to migrate to their ADSL + phone service so we'll see :-)  Service
has been very reliable though the customer support stinks - it was OK
until they were bought out by Kingston :-(  The technical support has
been good - though I haven't needed that for over two years.  I have a
fixed IP address on my home service and 6 useable (really 5 because 1 is
used by the SpeedTouch modem) fixed IP addresses with the business pack.
Costs £32 /month but will be going down in price when I upgrade to their
combined package.  I think the home connection is £20/month.  All the
fixed addresses resolve in reverse DNS.  Overall I'm very happy with the
service.

Wouldn't touch NTBloodyHell with a barge pole.

TTFN

ubuntu/uk-2007-10-24.tx                ubuntu-uk jai at jaiharrison.com
| Dave Restall, Computer Nerd, Cyclist, Radio Amateur G4FCU, Bodger          |
| Mob +44 (0) 7973 831245      Skype: dave.restall             Radio: G4FCU  |
| email : dave at restall.net                     Web : Not Ready Yet :-(       |
| You don't have to be nice to people on the way up if you're not planning   |
| on coming back down.                                                       |
|         -- Oliver Warbucks, "Annie"                                        |