[ubuntu-uk] Wifi PCMCIA card - suggestions, please.

Mac Ammonius.Grammaticus at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 20 13:04:29 BST 2007

Stephen Drake wrote:
<snip>
> Also consider Atheros based cards, usually with 108 Mbps, Xtreme G or
> Super G on the box. Most cards will work fine. Only the very latest
> cards have issues with the binary firmware.

Steve >>> I did wonder whether to lash out on an Atheros-based card, but
  I wasn't sure whether the drivers were already available in Gutsy or
had to be manually installed.  Sounds like your saying 'already in Gutsy
- it just works'?

Perhaps I'll have this as a fall back should Al's suggestion turn out
not to work - heaven forfend!  ;-)

Tx

Mac