[ubuntu-uk] Wireless adapter, network-manager, and WPA

Pete Stean peteste at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 17 17:14:18 BST 2007

yeah I'm having probs with a Broadcom BCM4318, ndiswrapper and network
manager at the mo... was fine in feisty - given that this is a bit of
a black art it might well be my fault... still investigating...

Neil, your problem couldn't be because you're trying to issue commands
to it in Welsh could it?? Only asking...
Beth ydy'r Cymraeg am "Computer says no!"?   :)

Pete

On 17/10/2007, Kris Douglas <webbox.uk at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 17/10/2007, Matthew Larsen <mat.larsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > My card is supported by default on Feisty, but there is a lot of
> > missing functionality. I have a strange problem where I have to go
> > into the CL everytime I connect to a network:
> >
> > 1) Select Network
> > 2) Connects: but only on IPv6. God knows why.
> > 3) Fire up console: sudo ifconfig ra1 192.168.1.2 up
> > 4) sudo dhclient ra1
> >
> > Bizzarre. I'm being optimistic and hoping Gutsy will fix all this.
> >
> > Regards,

> > > Hi, I have had similar problems with supported cards, I would be
> interested
> > > to see peoples opinions...
> > >
> > > --
> > > Kris Douglas
> > >       Softdel Limited Hosting Services
> > >
> > >       Web: www.softdel.net
> > >       Mail: kris at softdel.net
> > > --
> > > ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com
> > >

> > --
> > Matthew G Larsen
> >    > mat.larsen at gmail.com
> >    > matthew.larsen at logicacmg.com
> >
> > --
> > ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com
> >

> <1 day before we find out :)
>
> --
>
> Kris Douglas
>       Softdel Limited Hosting Services
>
>       Web: www.softdel.net
>       Mail: kris at softdel.net

'In letters of gold, on a snow-white kite, I will write "I Love You!"
And send it soaring high above you, for all to read!'

RIP Billy M 1957-1997