[ubuntu-uk] Full Circle Magazine looking for podcasters

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Sat Oct 13 19:57:34 BST 2007

Hi Chris,

On Sat, 2007-10-13 at 15:04 +0100, Chris Rowson wrote:

> It looks - from reading the post that you're linking to - like Alan
> and Matt have already been discussing this.

Yeah, Matt is part of the Screencast team. He runs a podcast [0] in Aus
and asked me to go on it. So we recorded the episode over gizmo [1].

> Alan - could you feed back to the group where you currently stand with
> the Full Circle podcast idea? Do you want/need others from ubuntu-uk
> to get on board with Matt and yourself?

During that podcast I learned first hand a bit about recording an online
audio podcast, and some of the limitations. One of the items on the list
for discussion was Ronnies thread on ubuntuforums. Matt threw his hat
into the ring and mentioned my name [2] :) He's clearly keen to do
something in relation to this.

From my perspective I'm interested in _some_ kind of new media (audio or
video podcast) centred around Ubuntu. I've been thinking about what form
that could take, and have made some suggestions on the Ubuntu Marketing
[3] [4] [5] mailing list.

I note that some feedback came back suggesting that it might be prudent
to hook up with already existing content providers (podcasters to you
and me ;) ) and get them involved in the marketing team discussions.
That way there can be more evangelism / marketing of the Ubuntu products
and brand without considerable extra effort from new content providers.

I am in two minds about what to do. Whether to start by doing a podcast
based on the UWN, whether to do something for full circle, or just sit
back and watch you lot do it :)

Through the screencast project I have most of the equipment needed to do
audio podcasting (a couple of decent mics, mixer etc). I've also been
watching episodes of GMT [6] to improve my knowledge. So you could say
I've been thinking about this quite a bit.

Cheers,
Al.

[0] http://mattrpodcast.wordpress.com/
[1] http://www.gizmoproject.com/