[ubuntu-uk] How 'Gnu' are you?

Dianne Reuby pramclub at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 7 08:57:39 BST 2007

Here's mine:

linux-generic             Complete Generic Linux kernel
linux-restricted-modules- Non-free Linux 2.6.20 modules on x86/x86_64
linux-restricted-modules- Non-free Linux 2.6.20 modules on x86/x86_64
linux-restricted-modules- Non-free Linux 2.6.20 modules helper script
linux-restricted-modules- Restricted Linux modules for generic kernels
nvidia-glx                NVIDIA binary XFree86 4.x/X.Org driver
  Reason: Proprietary license
scribus-doc               english-language documentation for the
internal help b
sun-java6-bin             Sun Java(TM) Runtime Environment (JRE) 6
(architecture
sun-java6-fonts           Lucida TrueType fonts (from the Sun JRE)
sun-java6-jre             Sun Java(TM) Runtime Environment (JRE) 6
(architecture
sun-java6-plugin          The Java(TM) Plug-in, Java SE 6
tango-icon-theme          Tango Icon theme

Non-free packages with status other than installed on dianne-deskto

picasa                    ( dei)  Picasa is software that helps you
instantly fi

  13 non-free packages, 0.9% of 1398 installed packages.

=========
Almost 1% - must do better! But the one package that I've spent real
money on (my printer driver) isn't listed, so maybe I'm even worse than
reported. :(

Dianne