[ubuntu-uk] Windows Home Server

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Fri Oct 5 09:53:00 BST 2007

Hi Colin,

On Fri, 2007-10-05 at 07:57 +0100, Colin McCarthy wrote:
> On 10/4/07, Alan Pope <alan at popey.com> wrote:
> Where does Obuntu fit in with this (https://launchpad.net/~obuntu)?
>  Is UbuntuEasyBusinessServer the new name for Obuntu or are they two
> different competing versions?

Funny you should mention that. I started Obuntu. The idea behind it was
very similar to UEBS and other products of its ilk like ebox. Once UEBS
was announced (very shortly after we started Obuntu) I decided to put it
on hold as it made no sense investing time and money in it when
Canonical themselves had employed someone to work on UEBS.  Once UEBS
ships I guess we'll think again about whether to develop Obuntu or not.

Cheers,
Al.