[ubuntu-uk] dual boot

Stuart Bird e_tective at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 28 16:59:09 GMT 2007

Ah, I see. In that case I have to defer to those who have experience of installing Windows post Linux. I have never done it that way round.

It has always been suggested to me that where a dual boot is required then it is far safer to install Windows, then introduce your Linux distribution. As far as I know it can be done, but with an awful lot of grub/lilo configuration, however it can be very easy to trash your whole system. So take care if you attempt it.

Have you considered one of the virtual desktop tools such as "vmware" as an option to dual booting?

Hope you work things out.

Stu