[ubuntu-uk] dual boot

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Mon Nov 26 22:37:06 GMT 2007

norman wrote:
> I am thinking of adding a second hard drive to my PC on which I would
> have Windows for those very few occasions when I need it, like playing
> Bridge with my brother. Assuming that is possible what snags should I be
> aware of please?

If you have just ubuntu on it at present, and then install windows
later, wherever, I think all you have to do is re install grub using a
live CD and a cli grub sequence in order to reinstate grub after
windows installer has overwritten the master boot record. If you do
not do this, ubuntu will not normally be available from a boot up menu
(grub)
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391