[ubuntu-uk] No sound after install Gutsy

taufanlubis ifanlbs at indosat.net.id
Fri Nov 16 08:20:31 GMT 2007

Need your help.
The sound card in my laptop Toshiba A205-S4707 is:
Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition
Audio Controller (rev 02)

Any idea how to make the sound card work?
I've tried to install the ALSA  driver, but still no sound.

The other problem is, how to enabled the rendering in Gutsy. I can't
make a cube desktop in the screen.
For Visual Effects from System > Preferences >Appereance,
I can set until 'Extra', so I still can use some effects.
direct rendering: No (LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT set)

Thanks

Taufan Lubis
www.taufanlubis.wordpress.com