[ubuntu-uk] scanner

norman norman at littletank.org
Tue May 22 10:19:08 BST 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-22 at 08:55 +0100, Chris Rowson wrote:
> With all due respect Norman, I'm a little confused at where this
> conversation is going.
>
> OK - So you had some problems with upgrading to Feisty. You have
> complained that it didn't work, and immediately had offers of help
> from people such as Alan (who is an extremely knowledgeable member of
> the community) to get you up and running.
>
> If you want your scanner to work, I suggest you do as Alan has
> suggested, open a support ticket, and post the link here. This thread
> isn't really going anywhere.

Just come across this:-

To the rest of the list:
There is a bug in feisty with handling of some USB scanners, where scan
tools (xscanimage, etc) can't scan successfully. At least 3 bugs have
been filed in launchpad:
* 85488 some usb_devices fault if usb_suspend enabled
* 93515 Regression from edgy: Unable to scan properly
* 86022 Canon scanner doesn't work

Something in feisty breaks access to some USB scanners (both native in
feisty, and also for VMware virtual machines that are hosted by feisty)

Norman