[ubuntu-uk] LUGs

Robin Menneer robinmenneer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 11:24:48 BST 2007

On 3/30/07, TheVeech <theveech at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 20:54 +0100, Caroline Ford wrote:
> > Anyway - we seem to have more women active than there are in Ubuntu-UK
> > (!) so we must be doing something right..
>
> There's also a women's forum at Ubuntu Forums.
>
> Someone posted here, mentioning that they were of a certain age group,
> and it got me thinking.  I tried to follow up on doing something along
> the lines of Linux for Seniors (a US term, I know, but...), did a search
> and found very little in this area, bar a talk by someone from a US LUG.

There are at least two entirely different oldie categories - those who have
had prePC experience and those who have nil computer experience., even
little or no keyboard exposure.  The main problem I personally find is a
lack of memory for even simple sequencies, and it's getting steadily worse.
Being on pension one lives in fear of fouling up (soft or hard damage) the
machine and having to get someone in, expensively.  This is why thickie
support from the Ubuntu community is so  essential.

I could be wrong but we seem to cover sex, religion and some