[ubuntu-uk] LUGs

Tony Travis ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Wed Mar 28 16:35:37 BST 2007

TheVeech wrote:
> Just curious.  Anyone a member?  If so, what's yours like?
>
> I'd have thought they were a bit of a geekfest, not having been to one,
> but I'm probably way off the mark.  Trouble is, the one for my neck of
> the woods is supposed to be active but its website hasn't been updated
> for a long time.  These days, is it time better spent online?

I subscribe to the AberLUG mailing list (Aberdeen) and I've found it
quite useful. I've met up with a few people 1:1, but I don't attend the
AberLUG meetings: A 'geekfest' sounds a rather judgmental! I've found
AberLUG members friendly, and willing to help anyone learn about Linux.

I guess it's about making contact with like-minded people. I think far
more people read the LUG lists than attend LUG meetings. However, the
LUG meetings are what some Linux people want, so each to their own :-)

Best wishes,

	Tony.
Dr. A.J.Travis,                     |  mailto:ajt at rri.sari.ac.uk
Rowett Research Institute,          |    http://www.rri.sari.ac.uk/~ajt
Greenburn Road, Bucksburn,          |   phone:+44 (0)1224 712751
Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK.    |     fax:+44 (0)1224 716687