[ubuntu-uk] ubuntu-uk Digest, Vol 23, Issue 41

Kosh42|EFG kosh42efg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 11:30:04 GMT 2007

> I for one would think, and I'm sure many would agree with me, that the
> http://linux.org website is rather ugly in design, and not welcoming
> or terribly explanatory to linux newcomers.
>
> http://www.getgnulinux.org is designed to change this. It explains
> what Linux is on a level that even non-tech types could understand and
> also why and how they would switch. It is a perfect site for someone
> who knows nothing about Linux at all.

Now that is very nice. When people ask me what is/why I use Linux, I'm
always a little short of a snappy answer or URL. This filts the bill
perfectly...

I especially like the "Get Linux" button... I notice that you state
"We reserve all rights, however, on our graphics and logos on the
website", but wondered if you considered letting people use this with
a link back to your site? Maybe with a range of sizes ranging from the
small button to a banner? Good for your Google rating too ;-)

Cheers,

Kosh42|EFG

PS - Hello... This is my first actual post...