[ubuntu-uk] "Tories want open source Whitehall"

gord gordallott at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 16:12:13 GMT 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 14:20 +0000, Andrew Price wrote:
> I usually stay away from politics as much as possible but I found this
> interesting:
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6430069.stm
>
> "The government could save more than £600 million a year if it used more
> open source software, the shadow chancellor has estimated."
>
> I'm not quite sure what to think about it though.
>
> --
> Andy Price
> IRC: welshbyte
> http://andrewprice.me.uk

lets not forget that parties that arn't in power will say anything to
get you on their side so you vote for them, unless there is some solid
policy statements (which the current Conservative party is very averse
to making) i would take this with a pinch of salt, better yet a whole
lake full of salt.