[ubuntu-uk] Converting many .jpgs to mpeg4 without using wildcards

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Mon Jun 4 13:58:05 BST 2007

Kris Marsh wrote:
> Dump your mysql output to a file, and then use $(cat file) in place of
> where your wildcard/files would be.
This all sounds very over the top to me... I would appreciate it if the
requirement was outlined somewhat more clearly... from what I've read,
it seems that "find" would adequately work as a command to pipe into
whatever script it is that requires the files...

whatever.shl < `find . -name '*wildcard*' -print`

find . -name '*wildcard*' -print | process_archive.shl

...or similar...