[ubuntu-uk] Users - disabled or learning difficulty

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Wed Jul 25 07:23:29 BST 2007

Ian Pascoe wrote:
> Just for those of you who are interested, here's a copy of my reply to Alan
> on the Accessability list.
>
> Alan, apologies just realised I replied direct to you and not through the
> list!

No problem! And Thanks Ian! your reply was fast and invaluable, I
could immediately try gnome and was soon amazed by the speaking screen
reader and (on the laptop) magnifier. This sort of thing costs about
500 uk pounds for windows, I had an awareness day with age concern
some time ago.

I am no expert but the demo this morning will be well worth doing. A
walk-in stranger with open source versus the well oiled ms machine -
not exactly sure who will win, but I have my slingshot loaded now.  :-)
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391