[ubuntu-uk] ubuntu-uk-marketing

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Mon Jul 9 23:02:13 BST 2007

Alan Pope wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 20:27 +0100, Chris Rowson wrote:
>> * Create a new section on the wiki for ubuntu-uk-marketing and move
>> the current work on leaflets to it.
>>

> Tidying up the wiki pages is a good idea. Making marketing material
> accessible is clearly a good goal. However I wonder why you don't add
> this to the already existing marketing pages.
>
>> * Create a new group on launchpad called ubuntu-uk-marketing and allow
>> people to join. Utilise launchpad to more efficiently organise ideas
>> and assign work amongst members. Use bazzar to work on leaflet text so
>> that revisions are stored and it's easier to visualise content than on
>> the wiki.
>>

> Why not contribute to the existing marketing team? Why "fork"?

The existing marketing team is not UK specific. The UK media,
temperament, retail environment etc are all specific to uk.

A recent discussion  (for me) on the (global) marketing list included
an off list discussion with an apparently USA guy. From his response
to me it seemed he had misinterpreted one of my points about a shipit
leaflet. It was not really important except I concluded that the
environment and culture he was apparently working in was very
different to mine in berkshire uk.

I would still very much want to remain on the global marketing list,
but see an advantage in having more local movement and focus.
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391