[ubuntu-uk] apt-get vs. aptitude

James Tait james.tait at wyrddreams.org
Wed Jul 4 11:46:59 BST 2007

Mark Harrison wrote:
> I'm interested to know which others on the uk-ubuntu list are using (and
> why)?

I've been using aptitude for a while now.  I seem to remember reading
somewhere (Debian Sarge upgrade notes?) that it's recommended over
apt-get now because of its improved dependency handling.  The
interactive version is also very useful.

That said, I don't think it has an equivalent to apt-get source, so in
that instance I still use apt-get.

JT
James Tait, BSc                        |    xmpp:jayteeuk at wyrddreams.org
Programmer and Free Software advocate  |       VoIP: +44 (0)870 490 2407