[ubuntu-uk] Guidelines for the mailing list (and Reply-To munging)

Toby Smithe toby.smithe at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 22:46:02 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 22:30 +0000, James Dalley wrote:

> > And that was a top post. I'm going to stop spamming now.
> >
>  I know as being fairly new to mailing lists that there are rules
> that you should adhere to for everyones sake, but most web based
> email clients automatically set you up to write at the top. So i think
> it
> is important if you are new to read the ettique page posted.

I'm not new. I'm just guilty. :)

I actually meant to send that as a reply to mdke's post only. However,
this list has reply-to munging
( http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html ) which is annoying,
and as a result, it got sent to the list. Why is it that this feature is
turned on?

My mail was in reference to a conversation that we had on IRC, that I'd
not expect anyone else to recall.

--
Help me get to Venezuela!
http://tibsplace.co.uk/venezuela