[ubuntu-uk] Hi there!

Freddie Ruddick frederific at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 18 22:15:08 GMT 2007

On 18/01/07, Benjamin Webb <bjwebb67 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello there,

Hello!

> I thought I'd contribute to the discussion here, because I am in my
> last year at secondary school, and the talk about OSS in schools is
> quite relevant for me.

Me too!

> I'd be interested in joining any capaign to
> support Ubuntu or OSS in general in UK schools. (Haven't got round to
> testing Edubuntu yet though).

Have you had a look at schoolforge? <1> Aimed at staff more than
pupils, but still quite interesting.

> Also, I spotted yet another metnion of OSS by the BBC -
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6080048.stm - although it is
> about PCs for third world countries, there is a mention of Ubuntu!

Yes, we seem to be hearing more and more about it on the beeb; maybe
its the start of something. (or not)

Drop in on IRC sometime: channel #ubuntu-uk on the FreeNode Network
(You might need to install xchat)

<1>http://www.schoolforge.org.uk

Freddie :)
--