[ubuntu-uk] Grub on Windows machine

Gargoyle g at rgoyle.com
Tue Jan 2 18:57:31 GMT 2007

You should be able to boot from your XP installation CD, and choose
the recovery console. Once you are at the recovery command prompt,
type "FIXMBR" to put the default windows boot program back onto the
disk.

See here (http://forums.fedoraforum.org/archive/index.php/
t-6036.html) for a similar problem with Red Had / Fedora. I was going
to see if there was a similar thread in the ubuntu forum, but it's
offline at the moment.

Paul
(aka Gargoyle)