[ubuntu-uk] Screen resolution on startup

Adam McMaster adam at moosoft.net
Sun Feb 25 10:20:58 GMT 2007

On 25 Feb 2007, at 07:15, Andrew Black wrote:

> When I boot my Edgy machine the startup screen dialogue doesn't
> display anything
> and the moniotor wants me to change to 1280 x 1024.
> The same happens during shutdown
>
> How can I get the startup/shutdown to display?

Sounds like it's incapable of displaying 1024x768 for some reason,
which is what usplash uses by default.  You can edit the resolution
in /etc/usplash.conf.  You'll then need to regenerate the usplash
image, which I believe is done with "sudo dpkg-reconfigure linux-
image-$(uname -r)".

--
Adam McMaster <adam at moosoft.net>