[ubuntu-uk] Lost again

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Wed Feb 21 22:30:48 GMT 2007

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 09:05:57PM +0000, Robin Menneer wrote:
> My ubutu has an unwelcome of opening new files behind the current window,
> not in front of it.   How do I reverse this, please,so that by default, the
> new file opens in front ?

Forgive me if what I am about to suggest implies that you are some kind of imbecile, that is not my intention..

I have seen this problem occur when a user double clicks an icon in a window (such as a file in a nautilus file browser) and doesn't wait for the resulting program to finish loading, but instead
clicks again somewhere in that same window. This could be clicking a third time on the icon in question, or maybe clicking somewhere else. This causes the desktop "focus" to be trained on that window
and not the new one appearing, so the new one appears "behind" the current one.

Could that be it or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Cheers,
Al.