[ubuntu-uk] Kodak launch refillable inkjet printers

Pat evilcorporation at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 22:22:29 GMT 2007

On 13/02/07, Daniel Watkins <D.M.Watkins at warwick.ac.uk> wrote:

> In addition, it doesn't do to be snooty about who we decide to ask to
> Free their drivers. Any Free drivers are a win for the momentum of the
> Free software movement.

Snooty??!!!

Excellent argument - you may just have won me round to your point of view
there.

Now if I were in a mind to do so, I might counter the word "snooty" with
"ignorant", and perhaps "foolish" & "myopic"

But I won't.

How's this?

2 points:-
1. Why do you want to increase the profits of a company that uses software
patents to extort cash? Particularly given the threat that software patents
pose to Free Software.

2. Persuading Kodak to open source their drivers is not a "win for the Free
Software movement" as you so "snootily" put it.  It's begging for support
from some company that has no respect for its users.

How much of *your* work have you open sourced?