[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu CNR deal

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Mon Feb 12 08:57:52 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 08:25 +0000, alan c wrote:
> I have had no problem with automatix or with easy ubuntu.

How many machines have you install automatix and all the gumpf and then
upgraded to the next release using update manager? In the past this has
been the bit that has bitten quite a few people.

> I *do* know
> why the codecs are not there initially and I do know how to go about
> getting them myself, but life is short and I do *not* want to spend my
> life learning linux inside out, I want to *use* it.

But you don't have to learn much. In fact all you have to do is
copy/paste some stuff off a web page. Once you know where those pages
are, and have done it once or twice it's really very easy to setup.

Feisty will make it easier though :)

Cheers,
Al.