[ubuntu-uk] kernel update marks as break - problem

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Thu Feb 8 18:34:04 GMT 2007

I have just updated one of my older machines (kubuntu dapper) - there
were about 20 or so updates I suppose. Following the activity I saw
that the updates available marker was still showing.

This produces a notice that two items still need updating
linux image 386 and
linux restricted modules on 386

When I proceed with this update they both indicate something to be
broken, and the update refuses.
Rebooting does not seem to change things

Is my database mixed up or must I live with a continuous indication of
an impossible update?

--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391