[ubuntu-uk] More Vista Criticism from Aunty Beeb

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Sat Feb 3 18:37:32 GMT 2007

Freddie Ruddick wrote:
> Has everyone seen this? Posted on BBC Technology News a few days ago.
> Basically highlighting the whole "Microsoft has control, you don't,
> deal with it" system.

I did see this, Freddie, and thank you for posting it here.

The folks who've posted in reply to you have made comments which suggest
they haven't read it because it has little to do with "eye candy" or
having an OS "imposed" but more about how terribly sinister and "big
brother" the whole "Vista experience" seems to be.

For instance, if I wrote a program Microsoft could decide that they'd
get their OS to delete it automatically... it is no surprise, however...
this was the company who argued with the US government that open source
was a danger to national security...

Sean