[ubuntu-uk] Fw: Mp3 to Ogg Conversion

Pete Stean peteste at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 20 09:56:09 GMT 2007

Grip is a good alternative to Soundjuicer, however it offers almost
too many options as opposed to Soundjuicer's too few! Very good
results though, and I find it to be considerably faster when ripping.
Will probably take a bit of trial and error to set up correctly
however... have a google for good settings

Pete

On Dec 18, 2007 10:46 PM, Stuart Bird <e_tective at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> > start ripping new stuff to decent bit-rate ogg as you get new material
>
> I think that may be the route to take.
>
> Any suggestions on what would be a good choice of ripper to give the
> necessary bit-rate control?
>
> The sound juicer app that came with gutsy doesn't appear to provide that
> level of control.
>
> Stu

'In letters of gold, on a snow-white kite, I will write "I Love You!"
And send it soaring high above you, for all to read!'

RIP Billy M 1957-1997