[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu on less sizeable screens?

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Thu Dec 13 22:57:46 GMT 2007

On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 09:27:31PM +0000, Kris Douglas wrote:
> Hi, I have been reading about seeing Ubuntu running on the EEE pc and it's
> come to my attention that there is a problem with the screen size of the
> installer and some of the main configuration windows.

This was discussed at UDS in Boston. As I understand it the main problem
with ubiquity is the timezone selection screen which pushes up the window
size.

There is a specification/blueprint being worked on right now to resolve this
I believe:-

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardyUbiquityUsability
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/hardy-ubiquity-usability

Cheers,